Friday, February 12, 2010

P stands for Pass!!

Alright, I'll admit it... I failed my 1st driving exam(parking) on the 28th of January. Yea only a handful of people knew this and I wasn't planning to confide this secret to more people than them.



But I realized that it didn't matter much. Failure is just another way of learning. You need to lose in order to win...

Round 2...


I changed my strategy for my 2nd try today. I was totally freaking out during the 1st time. I tried out to be more confident this time, constantly reminding myself that this is just like practising. And it did help out with calming my nerves.
***
Here's what happened(it will be quite boring and I advise you to skip the following paragraphs unless you want to waste your time or feel bored):-

The uphill exam was alright with me managing to put 3 quarter of the car's tires on the line.
I learned over to my left window to see a friendly looking examiner.
"You are number 12?"
"Yes."
"Ok. Continue."
I accelerated hard before releasing the clutch slightly and the car manage to move over the hill, not too smoothly as I would like though.

I queued behind another car as we waited to do the parking. I was slightly disappointed when they instructed me to park in the parking no. 2 - this was the exact place which I failed during the 1st time. But I managed to block the memory from haunting me as I stop slowly beside the parking lot to begin the task.

To my relief, these Vivas have power steering, unlike the ones that I drove when practising. I had to used all the strength that I had to move that stupid steering wheel. Fortunately these Vivas had power steering which makes it a thousand times easier to 'pull and push'.

I raised my hand when the car was in the box and the examiner smiled at me and waved his hand to indicate that I may drive out. Today's examiners are so friendly compared to the previous ones. I wondered if the previous examiner failed me on purpose...

1 more to go... just 1 more before I can say bye bye...

3 point turn was probably the easiest for me but I still have to be careful. One mistake and I can come back here again next time. But I managed to do it just fine.

***

"So how was it? Did you pass?"

I couldn't help but flash a wide grin that answered the question asked.

***

Bye bye Sungai Buloh! Glad I'm not going back to that place again XD

The stupid, no power Viva actually made me passed... Wow.

ps. Don't even think about asking me to give you a ride yet. I will only get my P license after CNY.

No comments:

Post a Comment