Sunday, June 5, 2016

I love you, but I forgot to love myself

I took care of you, but I forgot to look after myself.

I worried about you, but I forgot to worry about my own things.

I put you as my priority, but I forgot other important things that I have.

I helped you the best I can, but I forgot that I needed someone to help me too.

I was there for you, but I forgot that I needed someone to be by my side too.

I gave you the things you want and need, but I forgot that I have my own needs too.

I prayed for your safety and health, but I forgot that I was also human.

I helped you with the problems you face, but I forgot that I faced obstacles too.

I stood by your side through your difficult times, but I forgot to face my own difficulties.

I encouraged you with your decisions, but I forgot that I needed support too.

I put myself in your shoes and considered your feelings, but I forgot that I had my own opinions and feelings too.

I love you, but I forgot to love myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment