Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's the way you look at it

Miracles do happen.

***


Thursday
I was really relieved upon reaching home. Handed in the research paper and Malaysian Studies' scrap book. The following day was Deepavali which means no class (yes I do have a class on Fridays :( ). My mood was really great since I had an extra day to rest after suffering over the research paper.

However, as I was wiping my spectacles, the left handle of the frame broke. Omg... what to do... My specs is my life and I don't have any spares. Tried to fix it but failed. The best I could do was use the cellophane tape to tape it together. It was crooked though so the view through it wasn't very focused.

As this happened, I really felt mad. Why must this kind of thing happen, especially when I'm in a good mood? Must a bad thing spoil the good moment?

After cooling down and doing some thinking (critical thinking?), I realized and remembered that every cloud has a silver lining. I had been using this specs frame since Form 3 or 4 if I'm not mistaken. It was bound to get damaged sooner or later. Actually, this was a very good timing. If it broke some days before, I wouldn't have much time to get a new one. I would have to sacrifice the precious time used to do my research paper to go to the spectacles shop. This would have made me rush even more for the research paper. Besides that, if I really couldn't make it, I would have to wear the cacat cellophane tape frame.

So yeah. Thank God it happened at the right time. Went to get a choose a new frame the following day. It only took a few minutes to change the frame since the lenses match the new frame exactly.

***


Everything happens for a reason. Good or bad, it just depends on the way you look at it. God knows what's best for you. It's little miracles like this that make me believe. Always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment