Friday, January 28, 2011

Semester 3 life so far

Looks like I'll be going through hell once more again.

It's the end of the 4th week of semester 3. A week of holiday for the Chinese New Year is definitely welcomed now. What seemed to be a less stressful semester with only 3 subjects is turning out to be as stressful as semester 2.

Statistics is easily my favourite subject this semester. It's maths again with mean, mode, median, probability, graphs and other addition things learned. The only thing I don't like is memorizing the definitions and formulas. The lecturer is good too. 0 pressure in his class and that's something that I like in a lecturer. Unfortunately, his classes might be boring sometimes and his teaching are a little too slow.

My 2nd subject is Business. The subject is kinda hard (except for the Economics chapter since I took Econs last sem XD). The lecturer told us that we can learn business not only by studying the textbook. Sticking by his word, the elearning page of this subject contains LOTS of links. And I mean LOTS. Business blogs, videos, articles, etc. Just seeing the list of links makes my eyes pain @@. There's some ups and downs of the lecturer. The lecturer always asks us (the class) to answer him since we are quite quiet. "Yes? No? Maybe?" He will always ask us that whenever we never answer his question. ZZZ. I listen him ask that until so damn sien already. People don't want to answer then don't force until like that la. Haiz. He is quite decent though besides that.

The 3rd and last subject I am taking is Internet Principles. Surprise, confuse, shock, WTH is that; I've seen all those looks whenever I tell my friends that I'm taking that subject. After all, it isn't a popular choice of subject to take at my college. It's basically Computing Principles part 2. We learn all about stuff related to the internet. The lectures are boring. However, the lecturer is quite good. His jokes are funny and can make the whole class of 18 or less people burst out laughing. The assignment is really tough though. We are required to create a website using Macromedia Dreamweaver. Besides that, a draft and storyboard is also required to explain about the website. This is really GG. Looks like I'll be going through hell once more again.

And I thought semester 3 would be a semester with less pressure if not relaxing.

Apparently, I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment