Tuesday, April 12, 2011

End of semester 3

Friday, 8/4/11 was the last day of semester 3, and also the last day of my foundation course (provided I don't fail any of my subjects in sem 3). The next day and the following Monday was days that my final exam took place. I'll write about the exams first before going on to the overview of the subjects.

Final exams
Statistics had TONS of formulas to remember for the final exam. Fortunately, the exam wasn't really as hard as most people said it would be.

Business Principles had lots of things to remember too, including a few formulas in the accounting chapter. There were many subjective questions to answer in the exam with limited time. It was kinda hard and I answered some question based on my opinions rather than using business terms. Oh well...

Internet Principles. It was quite funny in the exam room. People starting leaving the exam room early after finish doing their exam since there weren't many question that require endless writing (like business exam). When I left around 3.43pm (about 17 minutes before the time's up) there were only 2 other student in the room. LOL. I think I used mostly my general knowledge to answer most of the questions.

Subjects overview
Statistics
The subject was probably my favourite out of the 3 subjects. Its nice to learn some Maths again (don't hate me for saying that). In my opinion, I don't think this subject is as hard as Add Maths. The only problem about doing Stats is remembering the formulas, steps and choosing the right step to solve the question. Most of the question basically requires almost similar steps to solve it. Therefore, unlike Add Maths, it doesn't require as much thinking and brain cracking.
The lecturer often reminded me of myself. The blur blur kind. LOL. Anyway, he was quite good though his teaching can sometimes be a bit too slow. He always seem to be in a good mood though and there is no pressure in his class.

Business Principles.
Though there were many terms to remember and understand, they were somehow related to daily lives too. There were some parts that I like and some parts which I dislike. I like the Fugu fish discussion XD.
This lecturer is probably one of the kindest lecturer. He hardly ever scolds even though the students are noisy in class (he will just tell them off in a serious way). Besides that, whenever students come late into his class (even if an hour late), he will welcome them in and say "come on in." Haha. I will probably remember how he said that forever XD. He really is good. He even allowed my group presentation to be postponed to the following week because one of my member could not make it in time. No marks deducted at all! Sometimes, his lecturers can be quite boring though. At least he does try to make jokes. And I really like it when he tells stories about his life experience.

Internet Principles
AKA Computer Principles 2. Except this was mostly about internet related stuff. The 2 web designing assignments (1 using Dreamweaver, 1 using Flash) were really a big headache for me. Besides that, the subject was ok, though the lecturers can be boring too. Fortunately, the lecturer is really funny and especially when he makes jokes.

***

Overall a decent semester with good lecturers. Since foundation is over, I'm going to miss all my friends. It's not easy to choose the right people to be friends with. But after a year, it is time to move on. I will remember the memories of my first year in college and how much I learned and changed since Form 5.

Time waits for nobody.

No comments:

Post a Comment