Monday, January 18, 2010

6 hours of learning driving

My sixth hour at the wheel began with driving from my house all the way to Sungai Buloh. The journey was alright with only slight traffic jam. I made it there in one piece after a little over an hour.

Learned about the on the road exam. I tried hard to remember to direction to take. After all, I'm quite bad at directions. After that, I practiced doing the other 3 exams - uphill, parking and 3 point turn. Still not perfect at any of them. I'm especially worried about the uphill exam.

Around 12 noon, I did all 4 of the exams with an examiner instead of my usual driving instructor beside me in the car. They said it was trial exam. Oh crap... Well, I'll think of it as training.

I drove up the hill... while panicking a little, I hit the brakes too early. I had to reverse back to try again(luckily it didn't count as fail) and managed to do it fine on my second try. At least I did better at parking and 3 point turn.

Next was on the road and fortunately there weren't many cars on the road. So I didn't really mess up much.

Oh and the engine dying curse still haunts me. I think the engine died about 3 or 4 times today. I swear the clutch is the main threat that might cause me to fail.

I drove back to KL slightly faster. I drove around 80km/h the most and I wanted to go even faster. But I think that beating the speed limit in a L car with a driving instructor beside you isn't a good idea. The traffic jam was worse than in the morning. It sucks to get stuck in a jam while driving a manual car. My left leg was worn out by the time I reached home at around 5 mins to 2pm.

Tired is an understatement... I'm completely exhausted from 6 hours of learning driving...

No comments:

Post a Comment