Monday, December 28, 2009

1st driving lesson

I had my first 2 hours of driving lesson today. I went to the bus stop outside my apartment at 10.30am to see a white colour Proton Saga waiting for me.

The instructor drove me to the LRT parking in Pandan Indah. He stop at the side and told me about the things to do before driving. Then, he gave me the wheel.

Adjusted the chair, adjusted the mirrors, fastened my seat belt, checked the gear, switched on the engine and checked the wiper and signals. I got to remember those things which need to be done in correct order.

Anyway, I drove around the car park in gear 1. It was quite simple. Apparently he could read my thoughts.
"This is the first time that you are driving?" He asked.
"Yea except when driving the car in the open space when learning about car."
"You seem like you know how to drive already."

Maybe its the fact that I'm driving at speeds of barely reaching 10km/h?

After a few more rounds, he finally told me to drive to the small roads and roads at the housing area where there were less cars. I could use gear 2 then.

Later on, he directed me to drive to the main roads. Waaa scary... I was afraid that I might knock other cars. I was driving quite slow too. I could reach gear 3 but he didn't tell me to do so. Therefore, I remain at gear 2.

I had no problems at driving except 1 part - making the car move from rest. I'm still not used to releasing the clutch slowly. But I guess I'm improving. But the engine still died about 3 times T.T Once it was in the middle of the road(it was red light so I had to stop), the engine died when the lights turned green and the car behind me sounded the horn. T.T I wished I had a sticker attached to the back window of the car that says 'WARNING: Only Drive Behind Me If You Want To Be Late'

Omg I nearly killed someone!! Well not really... but it could happen! The instructor was talking to me thus causing my attention on the road reduced. Suddenly a man dashed across the road and I had to break suddenly. I think the instructor stepped on the break on his side too. After he cross the road, I continued on. I was nonplussed by the man's actions until the instructor told me that it was red light at the pedestrian crossing. -.- First time driving on the main road was the first time I beat the traffic lights. Lol.

In addition to that, I nearly killed a cat too. A car sprinted across the road I had to break sharply to avoid it. Don't like this la. I don't want to kill anything... especially on my first driving lesson...

"My driving is bad right?" I asked as I drive back to the bus stop.
"That's what you think is it?"
"Yea."
"No la. Other people drive at the small roads only. I let you drive at the main road already." He revealed but I couldn't tell if what he said was true.

Driving is excitingly scary...

No comments:

Post a Comment