Tuesday, December 15, 2009

6 hours car lesson

I arrived at Pudu at around 7.40am today alone. I glance round at the people there as we waited for the driver to arrive. As I look around for the third time, I noticed a Chinese guy trying to catch my eye. He nodded at me and I smiled at him. We drew closer and started talking. He is 20 years old and selling laptops is his job. He spoke Cantonese to me so I spoke back in that language to him. Omg... my Cantonese so cacat.

"You speak what language at home?"
"English."
"No wonder your Cantonese like that..."
-.-

The driver arrived at 8am(15 mins late) and we sat in the van to Sungai Buloh. I slept the whole journey. So tired already...

We reached an hour later and after registering, we started our class at 9.30am. There were 3 Chinese guys(including me), 3 Malay guys, 1 Indian guy, 1 Chinese girl and 1 Indian girl. Only 9 of us. As expected, it was damn boring!!!!!! Can die there... We had break after an hour before continuing. 1 min felt like 10 mins, 1 second felt like 10 seconds...

We ended the theory class at 12.30pm where we had another break. After that, it was learning outside the class. At 1pm, the instructor showed and taught us about the engine, the interior of the car and how to change the car tire. It was more interesting than the theory class.

It started at 3pm, the thing that would make this 6 hours worth going, the thing that would make a fool of those who decided to pay RM10 to skip the 3 hours lesson outside class - we got to drive for the first time! We got into groups of 2 and followed an instructor into a separate car. They were using Proton Sagas. The instructor drove to an open field beside the building where he stopped the car and said to my friend, "Ok you drive now." Wow I was shocked and excited. I thought that they were just going to show us how to change the gear and when to press the clutch. I didn't expect them to allow us to drive.

He wasn't very good at driving though. The engine died so many times when he tried(and failed) to release the clutch slowly. He said he was very nervous. The instructor was losing his patience too. He was quite grumpy and want us to drive according to his way.
"This is power steering. Very light only. You so big size also no strength to pull?"
"Turn left use left hand pull. Don't use right hand push."
He literally helped to control the steering wheel.


At least he joked too.
"Don't drive too right. After go inside the drain. You want to drink water?"

He drove more rounds than the rest of the cars(I saw them changing people to drive already). Finally after 1 last perfect circuit, the instructor said, "Ok stop here. Change people."

Fastened my seat belt, stepped on the clutch, released the hand brake, shirt to gear one, released clutch slowly. The engine didn't die, and I was driving for the first time XD. But the engine died a few times as I had some difficulties with get the car to move(releasing the clutch slowly) and reversing. But accelerating, turning and braking brought no problems to me. After all, I am a Gran Turismo and Need For Speed player. Lol.

We could only use gear 1 and 2 though. And the instructor didn't want me to accelerate. I still accelerate a bit but he told me to slow down when I went too fast.

After a few rounds, he asked me to park behind the car in a row. Omg ask me to park?! I stopped a little distance away from the car in front of me. I scared that I might knock the car. Haha.

Sat on the van to go back after that.

The 6 hours ends on a high note after all. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment