Friday, March 26, 2010

26/3/10

Last class for the week - Computing Principles.

I was quite surprise that the lecturer came almost on time - just about 2 minutes late only.

And she wasn't happy that some students came late.

Hmmm a punctual, on time lecturer that doesn't like us to be late. She is probably the most serious out of the 3 lecturers too. Not many jokes were said to lighten the mood. She do seem friendly though.

She went through with us about the topics that we were going to learn. I thought that we were saved from another introducing ourselves section. Too bad the slide on the screen read "ICE BREAKERS" after she was done with the brief intro to the subject.

Name, hobby, ambition, school name. Sounds quite simple right? It would be if there wasn't a complication - she banned many hobbies. Watching tv, playing computer games, talking, eating, sleeping and the common hobbies were banned by her, including listening to music, which is my hobby. What la...

And I was the first person to be called. And that leaves me no time to think of a new 'uncommon' hobby.

I stammered when it came to my hobby question. Until a heard a voice beside me giving me an idea.

"Reading story books... and novels."

Phew...

When everyone was done, the lecturer asked for my name again.
"The guy in front of xxxxx. What's your name?"
"Paul."
"You came early today right? I mean before the class started?"
"Yea."
"Ok you are class rep."
Class Representative?? Like a class monitor? Oh no... not good...
"Ok."

So I had to wait outside the Academic Staff Room for her a few minutes before the each of her class starts to lend a hand in carrying her things. Not too bad I guess as this might last for only 2 more classes.

Helped her carried her things and laptop to the staff room when the class ended, earlier than expected.

Feeling pressured.

No comments:

Post a Comment